Nexus between forest guards and poachers in KNP rhino poaching
Golaghat: A nexus between a
section of forest guards and poachers involved in rhino
poaching in Kaziranga National Park has come to light with
the arrest of seven persons, including a retired forest guard,
today, police sources said.
Golaghat Superintendent of Police Madan Chetia said
that a joint operation was launched in Bokakhat area and
three persons travelling with a rhino horn to Dimapur in
neighbouring Nagaland were apprehended.
Based on their interrogation four others, including
a retired forest guard, were apprehended from two villages.
Later, the joint team of police and forest personnel
raided the residence of another forest guard, Tarun Ganak, and
recovered Rs 2.97 lakh though he managed to escape.
Ganak is a muster-roll worker in the forest department
and is deployed at Kohora range of the Park.
A rhino horn, a vehicle and Rs 3.95 lakh was seized
from the poachers.
The poachers have been identified as Majibur Rahman,
Manik Ali, Bijan Das, Anant Baruah, Lakhi Barua and Nabi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why