NIA files chargesheet against 3 ‘Manipuri rebels’
New Delhi: In the first documentary evidence submitted before a court about nexus between northeast insurgents and Maoists, the NIA on Monday filed a charge sheet against three suspected Manipuri rebels for providing training and supplying arms and ammunition to Naxal groups.
The case was filed before the designated court of NIA in Guwahati against N Dilip Singh, Senjam Dhiren Singh alias Raghu and Arnold Singh under various sections of Unlawful (Activities) Prevention Act, an official spokesperson said.
Dilip, self-styled chief of the `foreign external affairs department` of banned terrorist organisation People`s Liberation Army, was arrested by Delhi Police, Dhiren was nabbed by Kolkata Police and Arnold was picked up by NIA last month, he said.
The three were charged with imparting training to the cadres of banned CPI (Maoist) and supplying arms and ammunition to them.
The National Investigation Agency had on July 11, 2011 registered a case on the basis of reliable information that PLA, a banned terrorist group of Manipur, has formed alliance with the Communist Party of India (Maoist) for procuring arms, ammunition and communication devices for the latter for carrying out terrorist activities.
The investigation indicated that in and around June 2006, the PLA leadership met the top leaders of CPI (Maoist), which followed several other meetings between the two groups in 2006-2008.
These meetings resulted in establishment of an office of PLA in Kolkata towards the end of 2006 which started coordinating activities of these outfits in procurement of arms and ammunition and communication devices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'