Nikhil Kumar sworn-in as Nagaland Governor
Kohima: Nikhil Kumar, former police
commissioner of Delhi, on Thursday took the oath of office and
secrecy as the governor of Nagaland at Durbar Hall of Raj
Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari, judge of Gauhati High
Court administered him the oath of office and secrecy in the
presence of Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio and his cabinet
Other MLAs, Leader of the Opposition, civil and police
officers, army officers, tribal leaders and public attended
Kumar had earlier said that his top priority would be
to work towards fulfilling the aspirations of the people of
the state and would seek cooperation of all sections for the
allround development of the beautiful state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre