Nine houses burnt down in fire at Pasighat
Itanagar: At least nine houses were reduced to ashes and many people rendered homeless in a fire at Pasighat in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said on Monday.
The fire first broke out in the kitchen of a government quarter and soon engulfed the entire building before spreading to other houses at Forest Colony area yesterday.
One government quarter and eight private residences were completely burnt down. There was, however, no injury to people, the sources said.
Fire fighters doused the blaze which destroyed property worth lakhs of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back