Nine houses burnt down in fire at Pasighat
Itanagar: At least nine houses were reduced to ashes and many people rendered homeless in a fire at Pasighat in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said on Monday.
The fire first broke out in the kitchen of a government quarter and soon engulfed the entire building before spreading to other houses at Forest Colony area yesterday.
One government quarter and eight private residences were completely burnt down. There was, however, no injury to people, the sources said.
Fire fighters doused the blaze which destroyed property worth lakhs of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai believes mobile phone has become the remote control for daily lives
- Sharing Twitter posts can hamper your memory!