Nine houses burnt down in fire at Pasighat
Itanagar: At least nine houses were reduced to ashes and many people rendered homeless in a fire at Pasighat in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said on Monday.
The fire first broke out in the kitchen of a government quarter and soon engulfed the entire building before spreading to other houses at Forest Colony area yesterday.
One government quarter and eight private residences were completely burnt down. There was, however, no injury to people, the sources said.
Fire fighters doused the blaze which destroyed property worth lakhs of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured