Nine houses burnt down in fire at Pasighat
Itanagar: At least nine houses were reduced to ashes and many people rendered homeless in a fire at Pasighat in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said on Monday.
The fire first broke out in the kitchen of a government quarter and soon engulfed the entire building before spreading to other houses at Forest Colony area yesterday.
One government quarter and eight private residences were completely burnt down. There was, however, no injury to people, the sources said.
Fire fighters doused the blaze which destroyed property worth lakhs of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda