Nine houses burnt down in fire at Pasighat
Itanagar: At least nine houses were reduced to ashes and many people rendered homeless in a fire at Pasighat in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said on Monday.
The fire first broke out in the kitchen of a government quarter and soon engulfed the entire building before spreading to other houses at Forest Colony area yesterday.
One government quarter and eight private residences were completely burnt down. There was, however, no injury to people, the sources said.
Fire fighters doused the blaze which destroyed property worth lakhs of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery