Nine PLA insurgents arrested in Imphal
Imphal: Nine insurgents of banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA) have been arrested by police during search operations in Manipur`s Imphal East, Imphal West and Thoubal districts, police said on Monday.
Following a tip-off, police commandos launched combing operations at G M Hall area in Imphal West district, Chairen, Wangkhei, Kongba, Panthoibi Mandap and Dhobi Lampak in Imphal east and Heirok area in Thoubal district and arrested the nine PLA insurgents.
The insurgents were identified as Taorem Sojita (22), Phuritsabam Meghachandra Meitei (43), Thangjam Tolen Singh (31), Moirangthem Ronikumar (33), Moirangthem Ningol Pangabam Ongbi Bina Chanu (40), Thingbaijam Thoiba Singh (33), Leichombam Sushilkumar (28), Chingtham Boinao (24) and Thongam Ongbi Lairikyengbam Apabi (60), sources said.
Huge explosive material, different bombs, a remote-controlled device, wires, battery sets were also recovered from their possession, they said.
The nine insurgents have been handed over to Imphal West district police station for further interrogation.
The police will investigate whether the nine were also involved in the recent bomb explosions at some interior parts of the valley districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi