Nine PLA insurgents arrested in Imphal
Imphal: Nine insurgents of banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA) have been arrested by police during search operations in Manipur`s Imphal East, Imphal West and Thoubal districts, police said on Monday.
Following a tip-off, police commandos launched combing operations at G M Hall area in Imphal West district, Chairen, Wangkhei, Kongba, Panthoibi Mandap and Dhobi Lampak in Imphal east and Heirok area in Thoubal district and arrested the nine PLA insurgents.
The insurgents were identified as Taorem Sojita (22), Phuritsabam Meghachandra Meitei (43), Thangjam Tolen Singh (31), Moirangthem Ronikumar (33), Moirangthem Ningol Pangabam Ongbi Bina Chanu (40), Thingbaijam Thoiba Singh (33), Leichombam Sushilkumar (28), Chingtham Boinao (24) and Thongam Ongbi Lairikyengbam Apabi (60), sources said.
Huge explosive material, different bombs, a remote-controlled device, wires, battery sets were also recovered from their possession, they said.
The nine insurgents have been handed over to Imphal West district police station for further interrogation.
The police will investigate whether the nine were also involved in the recent bomb explosions at some interior parts of the valley districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL VIDEO: This is how Poonam Pandey showered love on RCB skipper Virat Kohli
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- This is how online companies may be cheating you on discounts!
- Bihar Board Intermediate Result: BSEB 12th Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- Sadhguru to lead yoga session at UN on 2nd International Yoga Day