Nirbhay Sharma appointed Arunachal governor
New Delhi: Lieutenant General (retd) Nirbhay Sharma, one of the most decorated field commanders of the Indian Army, has been appointed governor of Arunachal Pradesh, an official statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said Thursday.
"The President of India has been pleased to appoint Lt. General (retd.) Nirbhay Sharma to be the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office," the statement said.
During his Army service, Sharma undertook several assignments in Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern states. His last assignment was that of a corps commander in Jammu and Kashmir and security advisor to the state government.
He has also served as member of the Union Public Service Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29