Nirbhay Sharma appointed Arunachal Governor
New Delhi: Lieutenant General (retd) Nirbhay Sharma, one of the most decorated field commanders of the Indian Army, has been appointed governor of Arunachal Pradesh, an official statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said on Thursday.
"The President of India has been pleased to appoint Lt General (retd.) Nirbhay Sharma to be the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office," the statement said.
During his Army service, Sharma undertook several assignments in Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern states. His last assignment was that of a corps commander in Jammu and Kashmir and security advisor to the state government.
He has also served as member of the Union Public Service Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband