Nirbhay Sharma appointed Arunachal Governor
New Delhi: Lieutenant General (retd) Nirbhay Sharma, one of the most decorated field commanders of the Indian Army, has been appointed governor of Arunachal Pradesh, an official statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said on Thursday.
"The President of India has been pleased to appoint Lt General (retd.) Nirbhay Sharma to be the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office," the statement said.
During his Army service, Sharma undertook several assignments in Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern states. His last assignment was that of a corps commander in Jammu and Kashmir and security advisor to the state government.
He has also served as member of the Union Public Service Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...