Nirbhay Sharma appointed Arunachal Governor
New Delhi: Lieutenant General (retd) Nirbhay Sharma, one of the most decorated field commanders of the Indian Army, has been appointed governor of Arunachal Pradesh, an official statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said on Thursday.
"The President of India has been pleased to appoint Lt General (retd.) Nirbhay Sharma to be the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office," the statement said.
During his Army service, Sharma undertook several assignments in Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern states. His last assignment was that of a corps commander in Jammu and Kashmir and security advisor to the state government.
He has also served as member of the Union Public Service Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video