Nirbhay Sharma appointed Arunachal Governor
New Delhi: Lieutenant General (retd) Nirbhay Sharma, one of the most decorated field commanders of the Indian Army, has been appointed governor of Arunachal Pradesh, an official statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said on Thursday.
"The President of India has been pleased to appoint Lt General (retd.) Nirbhay Sharma to be the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office," the statement said.
During his Army service, Sharma undertook several assignments in Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern states. His last assignment was that of a corps commander in Jammu and Kashmir and security advisor to the state government.
He has also served as member of the Union Public Service Commission.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'