Nirbhay Sharma new Governor of Arunachal
Itanagar: Lt Gen (rtd) Nirbhay Sharma was today sworn in as the 15th Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Adarsh Kumar Goel administered the oath of office to the new governor in the presence of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and his cabinet colleagues among others.
Sharma (65), an M.Phil in Defence Studies and Master of Science in Military Sciences, spent 40 years in the Army before retiring in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details