Nirbhay Sharma new Governor of Arunachal
Itanagar: Lt Gen (rtd) Nirbhay Sharma was today sworn in as the 15th Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Adarsh Kumar Goel administered the oath of office to the new governor in the presence of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and his cabinet colleagues among others.
Sharma (65), an M.Phil in Defence Studies and Master of Science in Military Sciences, spent 40 years in the Army before retiring in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar in awe of Radhika Apte's 'Phobia'!
- Congress nominates Chidambaram, Sibal, Ramesh for Rajya Sabha polls
- Four new cases of criminal assault on African nationals reported
- You would need to squeeze this phone in order to make a call!
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra's 'Bajirao Mastani' boast IIFA nominations!