Nirbhay Sharma new Governor of Arunachal
Itanagar: Lt Gen (rtd) Nirbhay Sharma was today sworn in as the 15th Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Adarsh Kumar Goel administered the oath of office to the new governor in the presence of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and his cabinet colleagues among others.
Sharma (65), an M.Phil in Defence Studies and Master of Science in Military Sciences, spent 40 years in the Army before retiring in 2008.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: What tourists must know
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad's mentor Muttiah Muralitharan highly impressed with Bangladeshi pacer Mustafizur Rahman
- I am neither a borrower or a judgement debtor, says Vijay Mallya
- Secret Jaish-e-Muhammad training camp involved in Pathankot airbase attack traced
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump