NLUP makes good progress in Mizoram: Lal Thanhawla
NLUP makes good progress in Mizoram : Lal Thanhawla
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Thursday claimed that the flagship programme of his government, the New Land Use Policy (NLUP) has made good progress.
In his Independence Day speech after unfurling the tricolour at the Assam Rifles round in Aizawl, Lal Thanhawla said that the NLUP, aimed to transform the state`s economy by focusing on generating income and both on-farm and off-farm employment activities had got pace.
He also claimed that the original target of 1.2 lakh beneficiaries for five years had been achieved during the first three years since the launching of the policy in the early part of 2011 and the beneficiaries have taken up trade activities of their choice that spread over the entire state.
"Another fresh 15,000 beneficiaries are proposed to be covered for which supplementary plan has been submitted to the Planning Commission," he said.
He said that the Planning Commission had released Rs 1,208.82 crore upto the fourth year against the additional central assistance (ACA) component.
Lal Thanhawla congratulated the people of Mizoram for helping in maintaining peace in the state and said that barring a few incidents of abduction by the NLFT from across the border the situation in the state was by and large peaceful during the past one year.
Outlining the developmental projects taken up by the state government, he made special mention to the recent clearance of the proposed 210-megawatt Tuivai Hydro Electricity Project by the Centre to be funded under the Viability Gap Funding (VGF) for the first time in the country and also to be taken up as the Private Public Partnership (PPP) mode in the north-east region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened