NLUP makes good progress in Mizoram: Lal Thanhawla
NLUP makes good progress in Mizoram : Lal Thanhawla
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Thursday claimed that the flagship programme of his government, the New Land Use Policy (NLUP) has made good progress.
In his Independence Day speech after unfurling the tricolour at the Assam Rifles round in Aizawl, Lal Thanhawla said that the NLUP, aimed to transform the state`s economy by focusing on generating income and both on-farm and off-farm employment activities had got pace.
He also claimed that the original target of 1.2 lakh beneficiaries for five years had been achieved during the first three years since the launching of the policy in the early part of 2011 and the beneficiaries have taken up trade activities of their choice that spread over the entire state.
"Another fresh 15,000 beneficiaries are proposed to be covered for which supplementary plan has been submitted to the Planning Commission," he said.
He said that the Planning Commission had released Rs 1,208.82 crore upto the fourth year against the additional central assistance (ACA) component.
Lal Thanhawla congratulated the people of Mizoram for helping in maintaining peace in the state and said that barring a few incidents of abduction by the NLFT from across the border the situation in the state was by and large peaceful during the past one year.
Outlining the developmental projects taken up by the state government, he made special mention to the recent clearance of the proposed 210-megawatt Tuivai Hydro Electricity Project by the Centre to be funded under the Viability Gap Funding (VGF) for the first time in the country and also to be taken up as the Private Public Partnership (PPP) mode in the north-east region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you