No border violation in Arunachal since 2004: ITBP
Itanagar: No attempt to violate the border from the Chinese side has been allowed by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police in Arunachal Pradesh since it was deployed there in 2004, giving a sense of security to the local populace, a senior force official has said.
"Ever since the ITBP was entrusted with the border- guarding task in Arunachal Pradesh in the year 2004, there has been no border intrusion from other side of the international boundary," ITBP Commandant (Staff) Angad Prasad Yadav told reporters here last night.
He said, "Whenever any attempt was made on border violations, ITBP jawans resisted and caught them (violators).
"Our personnel are valiantly guarding the country’s northern borders in Arunachal Pradesh, thereby promoting a sense of security among the local populace," Yadav said.
Stating that the ITBP is a mountain-trained force and most of the officers and men were trained mountaineers and skiers, Yadav said the difficult topography has never been a barrier for the jawans in discharging duties at altitudes of more than 18,500 feet.
Apart from border-guarding, the ITBP personnel are manning the BOPs and sensitive installations in the state and providing security to the VIPs.
The Sector Headquarters is also having bomb detection and disposal squad and a regional response centre with its jawans fully ready to render their services in case of any emergency, he said.
The Commandant, however, rued about road connectivity to the border areas.
"We are regularly submitting proposals to the Centre requesting it to improve road connectivity to border areas,” he said while stating that the ITBP has so far got 27 roads along the Indo-China border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31