No breakdown of law and order in Arunachal: Ete
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Parliamentary Secretary for Home Gadam Ete has asserted that there was no breakdown of law and order in the state as alleged by the All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU).
The apex students’ body of the state has called for a 24-hour state-wide bandh tomorrow demanding a ‘white paper’ from the government on the state’s financial position besides steps to control deteriorating law and order situation.
In a statement today, Ete today criticised that the government had invited the AAPSU twice on - May 1 and 15 - for discussion and clear understanding of the matter but the AAPSU executive members declined to attend the meetings.
Opposing AAPSU’s demand for an independent and full-fledged Home Minister, Ete said, ‘Ever since Nabam Tuki took the Home portfolio, the crime rate in the state has plummeted considerably. There is no failure of such law and order situation and is being tackled with competence.”
On the inter-state boundary row, he said the government has already initiated steps to solve the border problem.
“Only our state government can’t solve this problem unless we are not extended cooperation by Assam counterpart as well as Central government. That is why we are constantly in touch with Assam and Centre for finding a permanent solution to the border problem on right perspective.”
Regarding the matter of Chakma-Hajong refugees in the state, he said, “Our government knows about the problem and is taking care of the situation.”
Referring to the tomorrow’s bandh call, Ete said, “It is a matter of fact that the Supreme Court of India has declared any bandh call by any organization or individual as illegal.”
Describing the AAPSU bandh call as “illegal and unjustified” he said that ?the state government will take stern action against the bandh callers.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Sony Xperia XA Ultra launched in India at Rs 29,990
- RS condemns brutal rape of 4-year old in Delhi
- Terrifying video: Chinese woman mauled to death by tiger at Badaling Wildlife Park
- Congress MP moves privilege motion against Naqvi in RS
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt