No breakdown of law and order in Arunachal: Ete
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Parliamentary Secretary for Home Gadam Ete has asserted that there was no breakdown of law and order in the state as alleged by the All Arunachal Pradesh Students’ Union (AAPSU).
The apex students’ body of the state has called for a 24-hour state-wide bandh tomorrow demanding a ‘white paper’ from the government on the state’s financial position besides steps to control deteriorating law and order situation.
In a statement today, Ete today criticised that the government had invited the AAPSU twice on - May 1 and 15 - for discussion and clear understanding of the matter but the AAPSU executive members declined to attend the meetings.
Opposing AAPSU’s demand for an independent and full-fledged Home Minister, Ete said, ‘Ever since Nabam Tuki took the Home portfolio, the crime rate in the state has plummeted considerably. There is no failure of such law and order situation and is being tackled with competence.”
On the inter-state boundary row, he said the government has already initiated steps to solve the border problem.
“Only our state government can’t solve this problem unless we are not extended cooperation by Assam counterpart as well as Central government. That is why we are constantly in touch with Assam and Centre for finding a permanent solution to the border problem on right perspective.”
Regarding the matter of Chakma-Hajong refugees in the state, he said, “Our government knows about the problem and is taking care of the situation.”
Referring to the tomorrow’s bandh call, Ete said, “It is a matter of fact that the Supreme Court of India has declared any bandh call by any organization or individual as illegal.”
Describing the AAPSU bandh call as “illegal and unjustified” he said that ?the state government will take stern action against the bandh callers.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA