No case of tribal atrocity reported in Sikkim: NCST
Gangtok: No case of atrocity against tribals
have been reported in Sikkim, the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes Chairman Rameshwar Oraon said here Wednesday.
After holding a meeting with the chief secretary,
Director General of Police and other senior officials of
Sikkim government, Oraon said "I am very happy to find that no
case of atrocity against tribals was reported in Sikkim."
He said the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes
(NCST) has not received any proposal regarding reservation of
seats for Limbo and Tamang communities in the Sikkim
The NCST chairman also said "I am happy to learn that
tribal literacy rate in Sikkim stands at 70 per cent, which is
far higher than the national average."
Oraon, accompanied by two officials from the Commission,
is on a three-day visit to the State and will be returning to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday