No change in Tripura Congress candidate list
Agartala: The Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee on Monday ruled out change in the list of candidates announced by the AICC for the February 14 Assembly elections in the state despite resentment in party ranks.
"There is no scope to make changes in the list of candidates announced as the Central Election Committee has cleared it after taking into consideration all aspects. It is a balanced and a good mixture of the young and experienced," TPCC President Sudip Roy Burman told reporters here.
"Some factions of our party have raised voice to alter the candidate’s list, but there is no such possibility," he said in the backdrop of groups of Congress workers attacking party offices, shouting slogans and take out processions since Saturday.
The AICC announced the list of 48 party candidates while giving 11 seats to long time ally Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura (INPT), a non-Left tribal body, for the elections to the 60-member Assembly.
Stating that 19 new faces were on the list, Burman said, the Congress would contest the elections to bring a qualitative change in the state.
Claiming that the new government would be formed by the Congress INPT alliance, Burman said that over 46,000 fake voters names were deleted due to continuous pressure by the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan