No change in Tripura Congress candidate list
Agartala: The Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee on Monday ruled out change in the list of candidates announced by the AICC for the February 14 Assembly elections in the state despite resentment in party ranks.
"There is no scope to make changes in the list of candidates announced as the Central Election Committee has cleared it after taking into consideration all aspects. It is a balanced and a good mixture of the young and experienced," TPCC President Sudip Roy Burman told reporters here.
"Some factions of our party have raised voice to alter the candidate’s list, but there is no such possibility," he said in the backdrop of groups of Congress workers attacking party offices, shouting slogans and take out processions since Saturday.
The AICC announced the list of 48 party candidates while giving 11 seats to long time ally Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura (INPT), a non-Left tribal body, for the elections to the 60-member Assembly.
Stating that 19 new faces were on the list, Burman said, the Congress would contest the elections to bring a qualitative change in the state.
Claiming that the new government would be formed by the Congress INPT alliance, Burman said that over 46,000 fake voters names were deleted due to continuous pressure by the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama!
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!