No change in Tripura Congress candidate list
Agartala: The Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee on Monday ruled out change in the list of candidates announced by the AICC for the February 14 Assembly elections in the state despite resentment in party ranks.
"There is no scope to make changes in the list of candidates announced as the Central Election Committee has cleared it after taking into consideration all aspects. It is a balanced and a good mixture of the young and experienced," TPCC President Sudip Roy Burman told reporters here.
"Some factions of our party have raised voice to alter the candidate’s list, but there is no such possibility," he said in the backdrop of groups of Congress workers attacking party offices, shouting slogans and take out processions since Saturday.
The AICC announced the list of 48 party candidates while giving 11 seats to long time ally Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura (INPT), a non-Left tribal body, for the elections to the 60-member Assembly.
Stating that 19 new faces were on the list, Burman said, the Congress would contest the elections to bring a qualitative change in the state.
Claiming that the new government would be formed by the Congress INPT alliance, Burman said that over 46,000 fake voters names were deleted due to continuous pressure by the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’