No condition to reconciliation: Muivah
Tseminyu: There should not be any condition to re-conciliation among the Naga groups and the Nagas must strive for political settlement with the Centre based on their unique history and situation, NSCN(I-M) general secretary Thuingaleng Muivah has said.
The on-going re-conciliation must revolve around the Naga people`s aspirations for an `honourable` settlement of the prolonged conflict based on the unique history and
situation, he told a gathering here after his arrival from Pughoboto in Zunheboto district yesterday.
The history and situation of the Nagas was recognised by the Centre during peace negotiations in 2001 and both sides expressed their commitment towards finding a negotiated settlement which would be honourable and acceptable to both, Muivah, now on peace mission to different parts of Nagaland, said.
The `much needed` reconciliation among the Nagas is a `spiritual as well as political journey` and there would be no difficulty with the Naga underground groups once it is
understood and accepted, he said and called upon the people to stand firm on their political beliefs and principles.
Muivah also praised the contribution made by the Rengma Nagas, inhabitants of Tseminyu sub-division in Kohima district before leaving for Wokha to interact with Lotha Naga community on the re-conciliation process as part of his peace mission.
Hundreds of people were seen waiting on the roadside to greet the Naga leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened