No Confidence motion tabled against Sangma govt
Shillong: Opposition NCP in Meghalaya on Monday tabled a no-confidence motion against the ruling Congress-led
coalition for its alleged failure on some fronts, but Chief
Minister Mukul Sangma pooh poohed the move and said there was
no threat to his government.
Tabling the No Confidence Motion during the Zero Hour,
the Leader of Opposition Conrad K. Sangma said the purpose of
the No Confidence Motion was not to topple the Government, but
to highlight failures of the State Government.
Conrad said the Opposition had no other option but to
table the No Confidence Motion against the Congress led
coalition Meghalaya United Alliance (MUA) Government led by
"We had sought for a 15-day autumn session but the
government went for a five-day session, of which, only two
days were allotted for the Private Members. The ruling
coalition should not be scared of the Opposition who are only
15 in number," Conrad said.
"I have moved the motion as this gets precedence above
all motions and would give an opportunity to give the House
enough time to deliberate on the issues pertaining to law and
order, financial crunch and development," the Opposition
"The motion will benefit the both sides of the House? not
only the Opposition which will highlight the various lapses of
the Government. It will be an opportunity for the government
to reply on its failures," Conrad said.
The Congress led coalition enjoys the support of 43 MLAs
in the 60 member House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal