No confidence motion uncalled for: Mukul Sangma
Shillong: A day after comfortably defeating a no-confidence motion moved by the Opposition NCP, Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Thursday said it was uncalled for.
"During the debate (on the motion), the sense of the house was quite clear. It was misplaced and uncalled for," Sangma told reporters here.
Alleging that the NCP’s `political agenda` was to create uncertainty in the state, Sangma said, "Ours is a pro-people government. Lot of development initiatives are visible. We have been able to get maximum amount of grants from the Centre."
The Congress-led Mukul Sangma government had yesterday won by 43-13 division a no-confidence motion moved by opposition NCP.
Leader of the Opposition Conrad K Sangma had said the purpose of the motion was not to topple the government, but to highlight its `failures`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred