No confidence motion uncalled for: Mukul Sangma
Shillong: A day after comfortably defeating a no-confidence motion moved by the Opposition NCP, Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Thursday said it was uncalled for.
"During the debate (on the motion), the sense of the house was quite clear. It was misplaced and uncalled for," Sangma told reporters here.
Alleging that the NCP’s `political agenda` was to create uncertainty in the state, Sangma said, "Ours is a pro-people government. Lot of development initiatives are visible. We have been able to get maximum amount of grants from the Centre."
The Congress-led Mukul Sangma government had yesterday won by 43-13 division a no-confidence motion moved by opposition NCP.
Leader of the Opposition Conrad K Sangma had said the purpose of the motion was not to topple the government, but to highlight its `failures`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video