No confidence motion uncalled for: Mukul Sangma
Shillong: A day after comfortably defeating a no-confidence motion moved by the Opposition NCP, Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Thursday said it was uncalled for.
"During the debate (on the motion), the sense of the house was quite clear. It was misplaced and uncalled for," Sangma told reporters here.
Alleging that the NCP’s `political agenda` was to create uncertainty in the state, Sangma said, "Ours is a pro-people government. Lot of development initiatives are visible. We have been able to get maximum amount of grants from the Centre."
The Congress-led Mukul Sangma government had yesterday won by 43-13 division a no-confidence motion moved by opposition NCP.
Leader of the Opposition Conrad K Sangma had said the purpose of the motion was not to topple the government, but to highlight its `failures`.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai