No criminal case registered in police station for three years
Aizawl: Not a single criminal case was registered at a police station in Southern Mizoram`s Lawngtlai district during the three consecutive years, police officers said on Wednesday.
In a Crime Conference held at Lunglei and chaired by Deputy Inspector General of Police (Southern Range) L H Shanliana, Lawngtlai district police officers said that crime was extremely low in this remote district and not a single criminal case was registered at Borapansunry police station during the three consecutive years.
The Southern Range comprised of Lunglei, Lawngtlai and Saiha districts where crime rate was comparatively low compared to the northern part of the state.
Only one case was registered at Thingsai Police Station in Lunglei district, while less than four cases were registered in Bunghmun, Phura and Vaseitlang police outposts during last year.
A total of 154 cases under IPC were registered in Lunglei district while 90 and 67 cases were registered in the police stations in Lawngtlai and Saiha districts respectively during 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years