No data on central funds spending: Rio
Kohima: The Centre has transferred Rs 1,284.05 crore in funds to state implementing agencies outside the state budget of the Nagaland government during the fiscal 2011-12, but there was no data on how much was actually spent.
An approximate amount of Rs 1284.05 crore was directly transferred by the Centre to the state implementing agencies during 2011-12, showing an increase of Rs 250.43 crore (24.23 per cent) over the previous year.
This was revealed in the report of Comptroller Auditor General of India presented in a statement by Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on penultimate day of the Assembly session today.
The annual finance accounts did not capture the flow of these funds and to that extent the state`s receipts and expenditure and other fiscal variables/parameters derived from them were underestimated, it said.
It said with the transfer of approximately Rs 1284.05 crore directly, the total availability of state resources during 2011-12 had increased from Rs 9,519.05 crore to Rs 10,803.10 crore.
The CAG report revealed that during the financial year 2011-2012, the state government had kept Rs 111.23 crore which was drawn by the various departments for implementing different schemes.
Out of the amount drawn, the departments utilised only Rs 63.20 crore (57 per cent) during the fiscal while the remaining 48.04 crore was kept in civil deposit (Rs 5.18 crore) and current bank account (Rs 42.85 crore), the report said.
The report said as long as the funds remained outside the budget, no single agency monitored their use and there was no data on how much was actually spent in any particular year on major flagship schemes and other schemes being implemented by the state implementing agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo