No data on central funds spending: Rio
Kohima: The Centre has transferred Rs 1,284.05 crore in funds to state implementing agencies outside the state budget of the Nagaland government during the fiscal 2011-12, but there was no data on how much was actually spent.
An approximate amount of Rs 1284.05 crore was directly transferred by the Centre to the state implementing agencies during 2011-12, showing an increase of Rs 250.43 crore (24.23 per cent) over the previous year.
This was revealed in the report of Comptroller Auditor General of India presented in a statement by Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on penultimate day of the Assembly session today.
The annual finance accounts did not capture the flow of these funds and to that extent the state`s receipts and expenditure and other fiscal variables/parameters derived from them were underestimated, it said.
It said with the transfer of approximately Rs 1284.05 crore directly, the total availability of state resources during 2011-12 had increased from Rs 9,519.05 crore to Rs 10,803.10 crore.
The CAG report revealed that during the financial year 2011-2012, the state government had kept Rs 111.23 crore which was drawn by the various departments for implementing different schemes.
Out of the amount drawn, the departments utilised only Rs 63.20 crore (57 per cent) during the fiscal while the remaining 48.04 crore was kept in civil deposit (Rs 5.18 crore) and current bank account (Rs 42.85 crore), the report said.
The report said as long as the funds remained outside the budget, no single agency monitored their use and there was no data on how much was actually spent in any particular year on major flagship schemes and other schemes being implemented by the state implementing agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal