No data on central funds spending: Rio
Kohima: The Centre has transferred Rs 1,284.05 crore in funds to state implementing agencies outside the state budget of the Nagaland government during the fiscal 2011-12, but there was no data on how much was actually spent.
An approximate amount of Rs 1284.05 crore was directly transferred by the Centre to the state implementing agencies during 2011-12, showing an increase of Rs 250.43 crore (24.23 per cent) over the previous year.
This was revealed in the report of Comptroller Auditor General of India presented in a statement by Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on penultimate day of the Assembly session today.
The annual finance accounts did not capture the flow of these funds and to that extent the state`s receipts and expenditure and other fiscal variables/parameters derived from them were underestimated, it said.
It said with the transfer of approximately Rs 1284.05 crore directly, the total availability of state resources during 2011-12 had increased from Rs 9,519.05 crore to Rs 10,803.10 crore.
The CAG report revealed that during the financial year 2011-2012, the state government had kept Rs 111.23 crore which was drawn by the various departments for implementing different schemes.
Out of the amount drawn, the departments utilised only Rs 63.20 crore (57 per cent) during the fiscal while the remaining 48.04 crore was kept in civil deposit (Rs 5.18 crore) and current bank account (Rs 42.85 crore), the report said.
The report said as long as the funds remained outside the budget, no single agency monitored their use and there was no data on how much was actually spent in any particular year on major flagship schemes and other schemes being implemented by the state implementing agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in