No dissidence within Congress: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday claimed that there was no dissidence within Congress regarding the chief minister`s post and he has not projected anybody as his successor.
``There is no dissidence within the party and the question of projecting my successor does not arise. I am still here as the chief minister, so why should I project a successor,`` Gogoi told reporters.
There was `baseless speculation` by a few media organisations who had reported an alleged tussle between two ministers to replace him.
``I do not give importance to such speculations,`` Gogoi said two or more MLAs may be opposed to him which he considers s a healthy sign.``
``The motto of the young MLAs should be to serve the people and not dream of becoming the Chief Minister`` he said.
``The Congress is a democratic party and if I lose majority among the MLAs I will immediately step down. But till now nobody has asked me to move away,`` Gogoi, who is serving a record third term as the chief minister, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio