No dissidence within Congress: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday claimed that there was no dissidence within Congress regarding the chief minister`s post and he has not projected anybody as his successor.
``There is no dissidence within the party and the question of projecting my successor does not arise. I am still here as the chief minister, so why should I project a successor,`` Gogoi told reporters.
There was `baseless speculation` by a few media organisations who had reported an alleged tussle between two ministers to replace him.
``I do not give importance to such speculations,`` Gogoi said two or more MLAs may be opposed to him which he considers s a healthy sign.``
``The motto of the young MLAs should be to serve the people and not dream of becoming the Chief Minister`` he said.
``The Congress is a democratic party and if I lose majority among the MLAs I will immediately step down. But till now nobody has asked me to move away,`` Gogoi, who is serving a record third term as the chief minister, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials