No dissidence within Congress: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday claimed that there was no dissidence within Congress regarding the chief minister`s post and he has not projected anybody as his successor.
``There is no dissidence within the party and the question of projecting my successor does not arise. I am still here as the chief minister, so why should I project a successor,`` Gogoi told reporters.
There was `baseless speculation` by a few media organisations who had reported an alleged tussle between two ministers to replace him.
``I do not give importance to such speculations,`` Gogoi said two or more MLAs may be opposed to him which he considers s a healthy sign.``
``The motto of the young MLAs should be to serve the people and not dream of becoming the Chief Minister`` he said.
``The Congress is a democratic party and if I lose majority among the MLAs I will immediately step down. But till now nobody has asked me to move away,`` Gogoi, who is serving a record third term as the chief minister, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss