No dissidence within Congress: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday claimed that there was no dissidence within Congress regarding the chief minister`s post and he has not projected anybody as his successor.
``There is no dissidence within the party and the question of projecting my successor does not arise. I am still here as the chief minister, so why should I project a successor,`` Gogoi told reporters.
There was `baseless speculation` by a few media organisations who had reported an alleged tussle between two ministers to replace him.
``I do not give importance to such speculations,`` Gogoi said two or more MLAs may be opposed to him which he considers s a healthy sign.``
``The motto of the young MLAs should be to serve the people and not dream of becoming the Chief Minister`` he said.
``The Congress is a democratic party and if I lose majority among the MLAs I will immediately step down. But till now nobody has asked me to move away,`` Gogoi, who is serving a record third term as the chief minister, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!