No dissidence within Congress: Gogoi
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Friday claimed that there was no dissidence within Congress regarding the chief minister`s post and he has not projected anybody as his successor.
``There is no dissidence within the party and the question of projecting my successor does not arise. I am still here as the chief minister, so why should I project a successor,`` Gogoi told reporters.
There was `baseless speculation` by a few media organisations who had reported an alleged tussle between two ministers to replace him.
``I do not give importance to such speculations,`` Gogoi said two or more MLAs may be opposed to him which he considers s a healthy sign.``
``The motto of the young MLAs should be to serve the people and not dream of becoming the Chief Minister`` he said.
``The Congress is a democratic party and if I lose majority among the MLAs I will immediately step down. But till now nobody has asked me to move away,`` Gogoi, who is serving a record third term as the chief minister, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed