No impact of Itanagar bandh called AAPYO
Itanagar: The dawn to dusk Itanagar bandh today called by All Arunachal Pradesh Youth Organisation failed to make any impact with the state government taking measures to ensure full attendance.
All markets and business establishments remained open and work at all government offices was normal. However, a few private educational institutions and commercial banks remained closed during the day.
Chief Secretary Tabom Bam in a circular on Monday asked all principal secretaries, secretaries, commissioners and head of departments to ensure that all the offices remain open with full attendance. They have also been asked to submit action taken report and working of their offices.
Meanwhile, the administration today served closure notice to various commercial bank branches including SBI, Yes Bank, HDFC, ICICI, IDBI, Central Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra for defying its order to open the branches.
"Despite our directives to keep the banks open during the bandh, many branches at Itanagar and Naharlagun were kept closed creating impediments in government transaction. They will be allowed to the branches only after giving us an undertaking not to repeat the same in future," Capital DC Sanjoy Goel said.
"We have also served notices to 50 shops and will impose monetary penalty on them for keeping their establishments closed," he added.
The bandh was called in protest against the state government`s recent decision to shift the proposed Greenfield Airport site from Karsingsha to Hollongi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!