No impact of Itanagar bandh called AAPYO
Itanagar: The dawn to dusk Itanagar bandh today called by All Arunachal Pradesh Youth Organisation failed to make any impact with the state government taking measures to ensure full attendance.
All markets and business establishments remained open and work at all government offices was normal. However, a few private educational institutions and commercial banks remained closed during the day.
Chief Secretary Tabom Bam in a circular on Monday asked all principal secretaries, secretaries, commissioners and head of departments to ensure that all the offices remain open with full attendance. They have also been asked to submit action taken report and working of their offices.
Meanwhile, the administration today served closure notice to various commercial bank branches including SBI, Yes Bank, HDFC, ICICI, IDBI, Central Bank of India and Bank of Maharashtra for defying its order to open the branches.
"Despite our directives to keep the banks open during the bandh, many branches at Itanagar and Naharlagun were kept closed creating impediments in government transaction. They will be allowed to the branches only after giving us an undertaking not to repeat the same in future," Capital DC Sanjoy Goel said.
"We have also served notices to 50 shops and will impose monetary penalty on them for keeping their establishments closed," he added.
The bandh was called in protest against the state government`s recent decision to shift the proposed Greenfield Airport site from Karsingsha to Hollongi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?