No major change in LF candidates` list for Assembly poll
Agartala: There is no major change in the list of candidates released Wednesday by Tripura`s ruling Left Front for the assembly elections scheduled to be held in February.
Left Front Chairman in Tripura Khagen Das said of the total 60 seats, two were given to RSP and one seat each to All India Forward Block and CPI and CPI(M) would contest in the rest 56.
Seven sitting MLAs -- six from CPI-M and one from RSP -- were dropped, Das said adding they would be doing party`s organizational works.
The dropped MLAs include Partha Das of RSP, whose Schedule Cast certificate was proved fake by state-level Schedule Cast screening committee, a statutory body, a few months ago.
Only five of the 60 candidates are women who include state Social Welfare Minister Bijita Nath.
Prominent candidates include Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, Finance Minister Badal Chowdhury, Information Minister Anil Sarkar, Agriculture Minister Aghore Debbarma and Forest and Industries Minister Jitendra Chowdhury.
The Left Front chairman expressed the hope that it would show better results than the last year when it had won 49 seats.
"Peace, development and good governance would be the key reasons for our success," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler