No pre-poll alliance between NCP, Congress in Arunachal
Itanagar: Unlike Maharashtra Municipality and Panchayat Elections where there is an alliance between NCP and Congress, the Arunachal Pradesh NCP has decided not to go for pre-poll alliance with the ruling party following the joining of all five NCP legislators with the party recently.
"The NCP central leadership has taken a very serious view of the recent wholesale merger of all five NCP legislators with the ruling Congress party and thereby breaking the holy coalition dharma of the UPA at the Centre," disclosed state NCP president Kahfa Bengia here on Tuesday.
Setting the tone for free and fair municipality and Panchayati Raj elections in the state, Bengia stated that honesty, credibility, acceptability with fair degree of educational qualification and experience in public life shall be the criteria for selection of NCP candidates for the ensuing civic and PR polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?