No pre-poll alliance between NCP, Congress in Arunachal
Itanagar: Unlike Maharashtra Municipality and Panchayat Elections where there is an alliance between NCP and Congress, the Arunachal Pradesh NCP has decided not to go for pre-poll alliance with the ruling party following the joining of all five NCP legislators with the party recently.
"The NCP central leadership has taken a very serious view of the recent wholesale merger of all five NCP legislators with the ruling Congress party and thereby breaking the holy coalition dharma of the UPA at the Centre," disclosed state NCP president Kahfa Bengia here on Tuesday.
Setting the tone for free and fair municipality and Panchayati Raj elections in the state, Bengia stated that honesty, credibility, acceptability with fair degree of educational qualification and experience in public life shall be the criteria for selection of NCP candidates for the ensuing civic and PR polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly