No proof of mass grave: Meghalaya CM
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul
Sangma on Thursday said the government-appointed probe team did not
find any proof of mass grave relating to alleged secret
killings by militant group Achik National Volunteer Council
Making public the report of the enquiry team, headed by
Commissioner of Garo Hills Division P W Ingty, he told
reporters that the state government had formed the team when
reports of secret killings appeared in the local media in
The allegation was levelled by another militant group
Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) leading to several bandhs
and disruption of normal life in the state.
Sangma said that investigations were carried out at the
ANVC liaison office at Tura and ANVC camp at Samanda with
forensic experts and video coverage, but nothing was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena