No proof of mass grave: Meghalaya CM
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul
Sangma on Thursday said the government-appointed probe team did not
find any proof of mass grave relating to alleged secret
killings by militant group Achik National Volunteer Council
Making public the report of the enquiry team, headed by
Commissioner of Garo Hills Division P W Ingty, he told
reporters that the state government had formed the team when
reports of secret killings appeared in the local media in
The allegation was levelled by another militant group
Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) leading to several bandhs
and disruption of normal life in the state.
Sangma said that investigations were carried out at the
ANVC liaison office at Tura and ANVC camp at Samanda with
forensic experts and video coverage, but nothing was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read