No proposal to privatise engg colleges: Assam CM
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
on Thursday clarified that there is no proposal to privatise
government engineering colleges and polytechnic institutes in
"There is no such proposal. It is a wrong propaganda and
a communication gap. I am making it clear that there is no
proposal to privatise engineering colleges and polytechnic
institutes," Gogoi told reporters here.
He said the state government wanted to give academic and
financial autonomy to government engineering institutions
under Centre`s new scheme for technical education quality
"But they don`t want it and we have said okay," he added.
Asking students to stop their protests, Gogoi said,
"there is no need for the students to go on agitation and
waste their time from studies."
On Tuesday, Gogoi was heckled and his convoy blocked by
Jorhat Engineering College students protesting against the
proposed privatisation of engineering colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir