No Shelter home for rape & domestic violence victims in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya has no shelter home for victims of rape and domestic violence in Garo Hills region of the state, according to the chairperson of the State Women Commission Theilin Phanbuh.
"The state government do not have a shelter home in the Garo Hills and a minor gang rape victim, was lodged in the house of the commission member at Tura," Phanbuh told PTI at the sideline of a an interactive session on women and their legal rights here today organized by the National Women Commission.
The minor girl who was gangraped at Williamnagar in East Garo Hills on the night of December 13 last year was denied admission by her school, Phanbuh said.
The Commission would constitute an inquiry into the case in which the victim was denied admission into her school in her town, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Nearly half of all heart attacks may be 'silent'
- Seven crucial points new BCCI president Anurag Thakur raised during maiden press conference
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....
- Brace yourself, Eid is coming! New still from Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will gear you up for trailer launch
- 'India's net FDI flows to hit USD 38 billion this fiscal'