No Shelter home for rape & domestic violence victims in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya has no shelter home for victims of rape and domestic violence in Garo Hills region of the state, according to the chairperson of the State Women Commission Theilin Phanbuh.
"The state government do not have a shelter home in the Garo Hills and a minor gang rape victim, was lodged in the house of the commission member at Tura," Phanbuh told PTI at the sideline of a an interactive session on women and their legal rights here today organized by the National Women Commission.
The minor girl who was gangraped at Williamnagar in East Garo Hills on the night of December 13 last year was denied admission by her school, Phanbuh said.
The Commission would constitute an inquiry into the case in which the victim was denied admission into her school in her town, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender