No violence during Assembly polls: NDFB
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of the NDFB led by Ranjan Daimary, Wednesday claimed that it has no plans of indulging in violence during the upcoming Assembly elections in Assam.
"The NDFB has no so-called `blue-print` planning
attacks during the forthcoming polls and we warn forces
carrying out such misinformation to refrain from doing so,"
the outfit`s general secretary N Dinthi Gwra said in a
statement e-mailed to the media here.
The outfit warned the media not "to dramatise or
suppress facts and play an important role in portraying the
correct image of the outfit before the public".
Gwra also alleged that the security forces were
engaged in fake encounters and the three youths killed during
an operation in Goalpara district were not National Democratic
Front of Bodoland (NDFB) cadres as claimed by the government.
"The government and security forces should refrain
from such irresponsible acts in the greater interest of the
people," he added.
The outfit also demanded withdrawal of the Disturbed
Area Act and Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 from the
state as with these two acts, the government has "curtailed"
the rights of the people of the region.
The Assembly elections are to be held in Assam in May
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know