No violence during Assembly polls: NDFB
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of the NDFB led by Ranjan Daimary, Wednesday claimed that it has no plans of indulging in violence during the upcoming Assembly elections in Assam.
"The NDFB has no so-called `blue-print` planning
attacks during the forthcoming polls and we warn forces
carrying out such misinformation to refrain from doing so,"
the outfit`s general secretary N Dinthi Gwra said in a
statement e-mailed to the media here.
The outfit warned the media not "to dramatise or
suppress facts and play an important role in portraying the
correct image of the outfit before the public".
Gwra also alleged that the security forces were
engaged in fake encounters and the three youths killed during
an operation in Goalpara district were not National Democratic
Front of Bodoland (NDFB) cadres as claimed by the government.
"The government and security forces should refrain
from such irresponsible acts in the greater interest of the
people," he added.
The outfit also demanded withdrawal of the Disturbed
Area Act and Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 from the
state as with these two acts, the government has "curtailed"
the rights of the people of the region.
The Assembly elections are to be held in Assam in May
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days