Nominations for Assam Cong chief`s post withdrawn
Guwahati: All three leaders who had filed
their nominations for the Assam Pradesh Congress Committee
(APCC) president`s post withdrew their papers today paving the
way for the party high command to decide on the leadership
Party spokesman Bichitra Choudhury said that the
trio - ministers Bhumidhar Barman and Akon Bora and former MP
Kirip Chaliha -- withdrew their nomination papers on the
penultimate day for doing so.
AICC president Sonia Gandhi would now decide on the
leadership issue, Choudhury said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation