Normal life affected in Manipur by strike
Imhpal: Normal life was affected in Manipur due to the 12-hour general strike called by BJP and Left parties against the diesel price hike, FDI in multi-brand retail and ceiling on subsidized LPG.
Markets, business establishments, educational institutions and entertainment houses remained closed while attendance in government offices was almost nil, reports said.
Buses, taxis and private vehicles were off the roads as also transport services between Manipur and neighbouring states, the reports said.
The strike also affected normal life at all district headquarters.
Security measures were in place at all vulnerable areas in the state capital complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi