Normal life affected in Manipur by strike
Imhpal: Normal life was affected in Manipur due to the 12-hour general strike called by BJP and Left parties against the diesel price hike, FDI in multi-brand retail and ceiling on subsidized LPG.
Markets, business establishments, educational institutions and entertainment houses remained closed while attendance in government offices was almost nil, reports said.
Buses, taxis and private vehicles were off the roads as also transport services between Manipur and neighbouring states, the reports said.
The strike also affected normal life at all district headquarters.
Security measures were in place at all vulnerable areas in the state capital complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy