Normal life affected in Manipur due to general strike
Imphal: Normal life was on Thursday affected in
Manipur due to a general strike called by insurgent outfits to
protest the merger of the state with the country on October
Markets, shops and business establishments remained closed
while transport services between Manipur and neighbouring
states were cancelled.
Attendance in government offices was almost nil as
employees could not reach offices due to absence of transport
services, reports said.
The strike also affected normal life in the interior
Security forces were deployed at important points in the
capital town here.
The Manipur People`s Liberation Front (MPLF), formed by
some major insurgent organisations, has called the 24-hour
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda