Normal life affected in Manipur due to general strike
Imphal: Normal life was on Thursday affected in
Manipur due to a general strike called by insurgent outfits to
protest the merger of the state with the country on October
Markets, shops and business establishments remained closed
while transport services between Manipur and neighbouring
states were cancelled.
Attendance in government offices was almost nil as
employees could not reach offices due to absence of transport
services, reports said.
The strike also affected normal life in the interior
Security forces were deployed at important points in the
capital town here.
The Manipur People`s Liberation Front (MPLF), formed by
some major insurgent organisations, has called the 24-hour
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her