Normal life disrupted in BTAD areas
Kokrajhar: Normal life was completely disrupted in Kokrajhar and other Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) of Assam following a 12-hour bandh called by the Rabha Hasong Students` Union on Wednesday.
All schools, colleges, business establishments and most government offices remained closed and vehicular traffic remained off National Highway 31(C) and other roads in the area, official sources said here.
Railway services, however, remained unaffected and the trains were running as per schedule.
There was, however, no report of any untoward incident from any of the districts.
The bandh was called to demand an autonomous council for the Rabhas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments
- Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli appears likely to lose no-confidence vote