Normal life disrupted in BTAD areas
Kokrajhar: Normal life was completely disrupted in Kokrajhar and other Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) of Assam following a 12-hour bandh called by the Rabha Hasong Students` Union on Wednesday.
All schools, colleges, business establishments and most government offices remained closed and vehicular traffic remained off National Highway 31(C) and other roads in the area, official sources said here.
Railway services, however, remained unaffected and the trains were running as per schedule.
There was, however, no report of any untoward incident from any of the districts.
The bandh was called to demand an autonomous council for the Rabhas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore