Normal life disrupted in BTAD areas
Kokrajhar: Normal life was completely disrupted in Kokrajhar and other Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) of Assam following a 12-hour bandh called by the Rabha Hasong Students` Union on Wednesday.
All schools, colleges, business establishments and most government offices remained closed and vehicular traffic remained off National Highway 31(C) and other roads in the area, official sources said here.
Railway services, however, remained unaffected and the trains were running as per schedule.
There was, however, no report of any untoward incident from any of the districts.
The bandh was called to demand an autonomous council for the Rabhas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack