Normal life disrupted in BTAD areas
Kokrajhar: Normal life was completely disrupted in Kokrajhar and other Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) of Assam following a 12-hour bandh called by the Rabha Hasong Students` Union on Wednesday.
All schools, colleges, business establishments and most government offices remained closed and vehicular traffic remained off National Highway 31(C) and other roads in the area, official sources said here.
Railway services, however, remained unaffected and the trains were running as per schedule.
There was, however, no report of any untoward incident from any of the districts.
The bandh was called to demand an autonomous council for the Rabhas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi