Normal life disrupted in BTAD areas
Kokrajhar: Normal life was completely disrupted in Kokrajhar and other Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) of Assam following a 12-hour bandh called by the Rabha Hasong Students` Union on Wednesday.
All schools, colleges, business establishments and most government offices remained closed and vehicular traffic remained off National Highway 31(C) and other roads in the area, official sources said here.
Railway services, however, remained unaffected and the trains were running as per schedule.
There was, however, no report of any untoward incident from any of the districts.
The bandh was called to demand an autonomous council for the Rabhas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers