Normal life disrupted in Manipur due to general strike
Imphal: Normal life was Friday affected in Manipur due to a general strike called by some insurgent groups.
Transport services were hit in view of the strike called by insurgent outfits including Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) and People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak
(PREPAK) in protest against Manipur`s merger with the union on October 15, 1949.
The general strike also affected normal life in interior hill and valley districts with markets remaining closed, reports said.
Official sources said attendance in government offices was affected due to cancellation of transport services.
Most of the insurgent outfits have been calling general strike on October 15 every year for more than two decades in protest against the merger of the state with Indian
No untoward incident was reported from any part of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!