Normal life disrupted in Manipur due to general strike
Imphal: Normal life was Friday affected in Manipur due to a general strike called by some insurgent groups.
Transport services were hit in view of the strike called by insurgent outfits including Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) and People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak
(PREPAK) in protest against Manipur`s merger with the union on October 15, 1949.
The general strike also affected normal life in interior hill and valley districts with markets remaining closed, reports said.
Official sources said attendance in government offices was affected due to cancellation of transport services.
Most of the insurgent outfits have been calling general strike on October 15 every year for more than two decades in protest against the merger of the state with Indian
No untoward incident was reported from any part of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill