Normal life disrupted in Manipur due to general strike
Imphal: Normal life was Friday affected in Manipur due to a general strike called by some insurgent groups.
Transport services were hit in view of the strike called by insurgent outfits including Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) and People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak
(PREPAK) in protest against Manipur`s merger with the union on October 15, 1949.
The general strike also affected normal life in interior hill and valley districts with markets remaining closed, reports said.
Official sources said attendance in government offices was affected due to cancellation of transport services.
Most of the insurgent outfits have been calling general strike on October 15 every year for more than two decades in protest against the merger of the state with Indian
No untoward incident was reported from any part of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan