Normal life paralysed in Tripura
Agartala: Normal life was disrupted on the first day of two day strike called by central trade unions in Left Front-ruled Tripura on Wednesday.
Shops and markets were closed, as were schools, colleges, banks and financial institutions.
Private buses and taxis were off the roads and train service came to a standstill in the state.
CITU workers staged a dharna on the train lines at the Agartala railways station.
Flight operations were, however, normal.
The police said the situation was peaceful in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- PM Narendra Modi assures round the clock assistance to flood-hit Varanasi
- How Ola, Uber allowed to run on tourist permit? HC asks govt
- Shiv Sena taunts PM Narendra Modi over arrest of Baloch leaders
- Companies raise Rs 26,000 cr via bond issues on NSE e-book platform