Normal life paralysed in Tripura
Agartala: Normal life was disrupted on the first day of two day strike called by central trade unions in Left Front-ruled Tripura on Wednesday.
Shops and markets were closed, as were schools, colleges, banks and financial institutions.
Private buses and taxis were off the roads and train service came to a standstill in the state.
CITU workers staged a dharna on the train lines at the Agartala railways station.
Flight operations were, however, normal.
The police said the situation was peaceful in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media