Normal life paralysed in Tripura
Agartala: Normal life was disrupted on the first day of two day strike called by central trade unions in Left Front-ruled Tripura on Wednesday.
Shops and markets were closed, as were schools, colleges, banks and financial institutions.
Private buses and taxis were off the roads and train service came to a standstill in the state.
CITU workers staged a dharna on the train lines at the Agartala railways station.
Flight operations were, however, normal.
The police said the situation was peaceful in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi