North-East has now become more peaceful: Union Home Secretary
Agartala: Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Monday said that the insurgency ridden north eastern region of the country has now become more peaceful than earlier and efforts were on to reduce conflict there.
"There is not much violent activities in the north eastern region now because large number of insurgent groups have given up violence and efforts are on to make the region completely peaceful," he said.
Overall law and order situation is better now," he told reporters while visiting the infrastructure of Akhaura Land Custom Stations here.
When pointed at Manipur, Singh said, "I am not worried. Situation has improved and efforts are on to make it peaceful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader