North-East has now become more peaceful: Union Home Secretary
Agartala: Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Monday said that the insurgency ridden north eastern region of the country has now become more peaceful than earlier and efforts were on to reduce conflict there.
"There is not much violent activities in the north eastern region now because large number of insurgent groups have given up violence and efforts are on to make the region completely peaceful," he said.
Overall law and order situation is better now," he told reporters while visiting the infrastructure of Akhaura Land Custom Stations here.
When pointed at Manipur, Singh said, "I am not worried. Situation has improved and efforts are on to make it peaceful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter