North-East has now become more peaceful: Union Home Secretary
Agartala: Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Monday said that the insurgency ridden north eastern region of the country has now become more peaceful than earlier and efforts were on to reduce conflict there.
"There is not much violent activities in the north eastern region now because large number of insurgent groups have given up violence and efforts are on to make the region completely peaceful," he said.
Overall law and order situation is better now," he told reporters while visiting the infrastructure of Akhaura Land Custom Stations here.
When pointed at Manipur, Singh said, "I am not worried. Situation has improved and efforts are on to make it peaceful."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket