North-East has now become more peaceful: Union Home Secretary
Agartala: Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Monday said that the insurgency ridden north eastern region of the country has now become more peaceful than earlier and efforts were on to reduce conflict there.
"There is not much violent activities in the north eastern region now because large number of insurgent groups have given up violence and efforts are on to make the region completely peaceful," he said.
Overall law and order situation is better now," he told reporters while visiting the infrastructure of Akhaura Land Custom Stations here.
When pointed at Manipur, Singh said, "I am not worried. Situation has improved and efforts are on to make it peaceful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi