North-East has now become more peaceful: Union Home Secretary
Agartala: Union Home Secretary RK Singh on Monday said that the insurgency ridden north eastern region of the country has now become more peaceful than earlier and efforts were on to reduce conflict there.
"There is not much violent activities in the north eastern region now because large number of insurgent groups have given up violence and efforts are on to make the region completely peaceful," he said.
Overall law and order situation is better now," he told reporters while visiting the infrastructure of Akhaura Land Custom Stations here.
When pointed at Manipur, Singh said, "I am not worried. Situation has improved and efforts are on to make it peaceful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement