North Eastern Council prepares tourism roadmap
Agartala: Regional planning body North Eastern Council (NEC) has prepared a master plan for the development of tourism in India`s northeastern region, an official said here Monday.
"The draft master plan will be discussed in the NEC meeting in New Delhi later this week," NEC director (human resource development) Sherry Lalthangzo said in a statement.
"The master plan was prepared as per the `NER Vision 2020` by the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)," she added.
The `NER Vision 2020` document, announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in July 2009, sought to spur investment, reduce poverty, enhance connectivity and bring the backward northeastern region on par with the rest of the country by 2020.
A total of Rs.14 trillion will be required to implement the project.
The two-day 60th NEC meeting in New Delhi will be held from Thursday. It will be attended by the chief ministers, governors and chief secretaries of all the northeastern states - Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim.
"Prime minister`s advisor Sam Pitroda, who is also the chairman of National Innovation Council, would also make a presentation on the innovation for the northeastern region," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday