NOTA option in Mizoram Assembly poll
Aizawl: Election Commission has instructed Mizoram election department to provide `None of the Above` (NOTA) option in EVMs in the December state assembly polls.
Mizoram Joint chief electoral officer H Lalengmawia told media persons today that the election department was making arrangements to implement the `NOTA` option.
The panel below the last one bearing the name and particulars of the last candidate in the EVM would be made the NOTA panel.
"The words ` None of the Above` would be written in the panel for the benefit of those electors who may wish to exercise the option of not voting for any of the candidates in the fray," Lalengmawia said.
He said the EC had instructed the chief electoral officers of all states and union territories to implement `NOTA` option in accordance to an order by the Supreme Court.
The arrangements are expected to be completed soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed