Notification for Arunachal LS election to be issued om March 15
Itanagar: The notification for the election to the two Lok Sabha seats in Arunachal Pradesh would be issued on March 15 as the parliamentary election in the state would be held on April 9, official sources said here on Friday.
Notification for the Lok Sabha elections in the state would be issued on March 15 and last date for filing nominations has been fixed on March 22, the sources said.
Scrutiny of papers would be conducted on March 24 while last date of withdrawal of candidature has been fixed on March 26 next.
Meanwhile, all all advertisements and hoardings at public places within the state capital have been removed yesterday by the election department here in view of the Election Commission`s instruction to remove all advertisements and hoardings at the cost of public exchequer.
The District Election Officers (DEOs) of insurgency-hit Tirap and Longding districts have formed three flying squads for each assembly constituencies along with sector magistrates to check any kind of breach of Model Code of Conduct of elections in all the areas of 167 polling stations in both the districts. These flying squads have been activated from March 5 last and would be active till the conduct of polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi