Notification issued for Mizoram by-poll
Aizawl: The notification for the February 23 by-election to Chalfilh assembly seat in Mizoram was issued on Wednesday.
As the notification the last date for filing nomination is February 6, scrutiny of nomination papers would be done on February 7 and the last date of withdrawal of candidature is February 9.
Votes would be counted on February 28, while the entire by-election process would be completed by March three.
The by-poll was necessitated by the death of the sitting MLA Chawngtinthanga of the ruling Congress on September 16 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees