Notifications issued for polls in MP, Mizoram
New Delhi: The election process in Madhya Pradesh and Mizoram, which go to polls on November 25, was initiated today with the issue of gazette notification by the respective Governors of the two states.
Counting in Madhya Pradesh will be held on December 8 while that in Mizoram on December 9.
The candidates can start filing their nominations from today till November 8.
A total of 4.65 crore voters in Madhya Pradesh will elect their new 230-member Assembly where the incumbent Shivraj Singh Chouhan-led BJP government is seeking to stage a hat- trick. 35 constituencies in Madhya pradesh are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 47 for Scheduled tribes.
In Mizoram, as many as 6.86 lakh electors will exercise their franchise to elect the new 40-member state assembly where the Congress government headed by Lalthanhawla is seeking to stage a comeback. 39 of the constituencies in Mizoram are reserved for Scheduled Tribes.
The tenure of Madhya Pradesh Assembly ends on December 12 and that of Mizoram on December 15.
After scrutiny of nominations papers on November 9, the last date for withdrawal of nominations is November 11.
The voters in both the states will also exercise for the first time the "None of the Above" option in these elections, while in Mizoram electors in 10 assembly constituencies will also exercise the Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) system for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch