Now, get to polling station using Google Map
Agartala: Indian electors can now locate their polling stations and access other electoral information online using Google Maps, an official said here Saturday.
"Electors can now locate online the polling stations where they are supposed to cast their vote. They can do so by visiting the Election Commission or state chief electoral officer`s website," Tripura Chief Electoral Officer Ashutosh Jindal said.
He said: "Google Maps would automatically provide the exact location of the polling stations the voters are looking for."
The official said polling station locations in the National Capital Territory of Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Sikkim, Mizoram, Meghalaya and Tripura have already been plotted on Google Maps.
"Polling stations of the rest of the country are being plotted gradually and will be available very soon on the websites."
Users can select their district, constituency and polling station names from drop down lists to see polling station locations of the selected area.
Users can even activate the satellite image layer and even see the polling station and the roads leading to it.
The electoral rolls, names and mobile phone numbers of the chief electoral officer, district election officer, electoral registration officer and booth level officer can also be known from the Google Map.
Earlier, electors had to visit various offices to get the electoral information and details about the officials involved in the election process.
"The basic electoral information now can be known within a minute. It is hassle free and it`s for everyone to use," Jindal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender