NPA restored for govt doctors in Nagaland
Kohima: The Nagaland government has approved
non-practicing allowance (NPA) to government doctors but
resolved to take disciplinary action if any one was found
to be practising in private while simultaneously enjoying the
A cabinet meeting yesterday decided to provide NPA to
doctors at the rate of 25 per cent of their basic pay,
official sources said today. However, any doctor would be
allowed to do private practice if he/she chose not to avail
The cabinet also resolved to take strict disciplinary
actio, including dismissal, if anyone was found engaged in
private practice and simultaneously enjoying the NPA, the
The state government had earlier decided to do away
with the NPA as most of the government doctors drew the
allowance but indulged in private practise.
But the doctors opposed the government’s decision and
demanded for continuation of the allowance.
The cabinet also resolved to disburse salary to
government employees only through bank accounts making it
compulsory for every government servant to open an account in
the bank. The salary would now be directly remitted to the
respective bank accounts.
The decision was taken in view of frequent incidence
of salary money being looted or snatched by miscreants in
different parts of the state, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack