NPA restored for govt doctors in Nagaland
Kohima: The Nagaland government has approved
non-practicing allowance (NPA) to government doctors but
resolved to take disciplinary action if any one was found
to be practising in private while simultaneously enjoying the
A cabinet meeting yesterday decided to provide NPA to
doctors at the rate of 25 per cent of their basic pay,
official sources said today. However, any doctor would be
allowed to do private practice if he/she chose not to avail
The cabinet also resolved to take strict disciplinary
actio, including dismissal, if anyone was found engaged in
private practice and simultaneously enjoying the NPA, the
The state government had earlier decided to do away
with the NPA as most of the government doctors drew the
allowance but indulged in private practise.
But the doctors opposed the government’s decision and
demanded for continuation of the allowance.
The cabinet also resolved to disburse salary to
government employees only through bank accounts making it
compulsory for every government servant to open an account in
the bank. The salary would now be directly remitted to the
respective bank accounts.
The decision was taken in view of frequent incidence
of salary money being looted or snatched by miscreants in
different parts of the state, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India