NPCC demands President`s rule in Nagaland
Kohima: Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) has demanded imposition of President`s Rule in the state claiming that Naga People`s Front (NPF)-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) government failed to uphold its constitutional obligations.
NPCC president SI Jamir in a press release issued here today in the wake of the total shutdown of fuel outlets in Dimapur district for nearly three days till yesterday, questioned, "Who is running the government?"
It is a painful reminder that NPF-led DAN government is all rhetoric and no substance, he said adding that the lightening shutdown of all the 31 fuel outlets in the district on September 2 and 3 has once again shown that it is the armed revolutionary groups which is calling the shots.
NPF government is nothing more than a salary dispensing agency and this role is under threat too since the state exchequer is empty due to high-level corruption, he said.
"The conspiratorial silence of the government in the face of people`s revolt against unabated and illegal taxations including Petroleum Dealers Association (PDA) sudden strike should be countered in equal measure and nothing less than President`s Rule should satisfy the hapless Naga people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25