NPCC demands President`s rule in Nagaland
Kohima: Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) has demanded imposition of President`s Rule in the state claiming that Naga People`s Front (NPF)-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) government failed to uphold its constitutional obligations.
NPCC president SI Jamir in a press release issued here today in the wake of the total shutdown of fuel outlets in Dimapur district for nearly three days till yesterday, questioned, "Who is running the government?"
It is a painful reminder that NPF-led DAN government is all rhetoric and no substance, he said adding that the lightening shutdown of all the 31 fuel outlets in the district on September 2 and 3 has once again shown that it is the armed revolutionary groups which is calling the shots.
NPF government is nothing more than a salary dispensing agency and this role is under threat too since the state exchequer is empty due to high-level corruption, he said.
"The conspiratorial silence of the government in the face of people`s revolt against unabated and illegal taxations including Petroleum Dealers Association (PDA) sudden strike should be countered in equal measure and nothing less than President`s Rule should satisfy the hapless Naga people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!