NPCC demands President`s rule in Nagaland
Kohima: Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) has demanded imposition of President`s Rule in the state claiming that Naga People`s Front (NPF)-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) government failed to uphold its constitutional obligations.
NPCC president SI Jamir in a press release issued here today in the wake of the total shutdown of fuel outlets in Dimapur district for nearly three days till yesterday, questioned, "Who is running the government?"
It is a painful reminder that NPF-led DAN government is all rhetoric and no substance, he said adding that the lightening shutdown of all the 31 fuel outlets in the district on September 2 and 3 has once again shown that it is the armed revolutionary groups which is calling the shots.
NPF government is nothing more than a salary dispensing agency and this role is under threat too since the state exchequer is empty due to high-level corruption, he said.
"The conspiratorial silence of the government in the face of people`s revolt against unabated and illegal taxations including Petroleum Dealers Association (PDA) sudden strike should be countered in equal measure and nothing less than President`s Rule should satisfy the hapless Naga people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'