NPCC demands President`s rule in Nagaland
Kohima: Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) has demanded imposition of President`s Rule in the state claiming that Naga People`s Front (NPF)-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) government failed to uphold its constitutional obligations.
NPCC president SI Jamir in a press release issued here today in the wake of the total shutdown of fuel outlets in Dimapur district for nearly three days till yesterday, questioned, "Who is running the government?"
It is a painful reminder that NPF-led DAN government is all rhetoric and no substance, he said adding that the lightening shutdown of all the 31 fuel outlets in the district on September 2 and 3 has once again shown that it is the armed revolutionary groups which is calling the shots.
NPF government is nothing more than a salary dispensing agency and this role is under threat too since the state exchequer is empty due to high-level corruption, he said.
"The conspiratorial silence of the government in the face of people`s revolt against unabated and illegal taxations including Petroleum Dealers Association (PDA) sudden strike should be countered in equal measure and nothing less than President`s Rule should satisfy the hapless Naga people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'