NPCC to act as `strong opposition` in Assembly
Kohima: The Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) having lost the election battle for the third consecutive term Wednesday said it would act as `strong opposition party` in the 12th state Assembly.
NPCC General Secretary (administration) Medokhul Sophie in a statement said that the decision was taken during the first formal executive meeting of the party after the February 23 electoral debacle held in Dimapur yesterday.
The meeting resolved to act as a `strong opposition party` keeping in view the `welfare and well being of the people as its utmost priority, he said.
The meeting also resolved to look forward to get support of the people of Nagaland as it ventured to strengthen the party at all levels more vigorously in future.
The meeting also condoled the death of ex-MLA and Congress candidate from 53-Tuensang Sadar-I, P Chuba Chang, who passed away on February 22 last.
State Congress President S I Jamir, on behalf of the party, congratulated Rio on assuming the office of the Chief Minister of Nagaland for the third consecutive term.
In his message, Jamir expressed hope that under the leadership of Rio, the state would see tremendous progress on all fronts.
The NPCC President also assured of all possible support of the Congress to the new government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!