NPCC urges Centre to expedite Naga peace talks
Kohima: Extending its fullest support to
on-going Naga re-conciliation process, Nagaland Pradesh Congress has urged the Centre to expedite peace talks for finding settlement to vexed Naga political problem.
The Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) and
District Congress Committees (DCC) at a joint meeting here
yesterday observed that the entire Naga people had
been longing for a permanent peace and resolved to extend
fullest support to the endeavour of the Forum for Naga
The party also resolved to urge the Naga underground leaders to collectively work out `consensual and reciprocal political and economic solution` to the decades-long political conflict.
On August 20 and 22, setting aside differences among
themselves, top leaders of NSCN(I-M), GPRN/NSCN led by Khole
Konyak and NNC/FGN agreed to broaden the on-going Naga peace
process towards finding an acceptable and honoruable solution
to the long-drawn political conflict based on `uniqueness of
Naga political history`.
However, NSCN(K) led by S S Khaplang was not part of this new political development.
The apex tribal council Naga Hoho, in a separate
statement, called upon all other Naga groups to join the on-
going re-conciliation process and urged the FNR to press for
inclusion of all other groups into the fold.
The Hoho also took strong exception to the rampant
extortion and corruption in the state and called upon all
sections of the society to check criminal activities in their
respective area which should be led by tribal hohos
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden