NPCC urges Centre to expedite Naga peace talks
Kohima: Extending its fullest support to
on-going Naga re-conciliation process, Nagaland Pradesh Congress has urged the Centre to expedite peace talks for finding settlement to vexed Naga political problem.
The Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) and
District Congress Committees (DCC) at a joint meeting here
yesterday observed that the entire Naga people had
been longing for a permanent peace and resolved to extend
fullest support to the endeavour of the Forum for Naga
The party also resolved to urge the Naga underground leaders to collectively work out `consensual and reciprocal political and economic solution` to the decades-long political conflict.
On August 20 and 22, setting aside differences among
themselves, top leaders of NSCN(I-M), GPRN/NSCN led by Khole
Konyak and NNC/FGN agreed to broaden the on-going Naga peace
process towards finding an acceptable and honoruable solution
to the long-drawn political conflict based on `uniqueness of
Naga political history`.
However, NSCN(K) led by S S Khaplang was not part of this new political development.
The apex tribal council Naga Hoho, in a separate
statement, called upon all other Naga groups to join the on-
going re-conciliation process and urged the FNR to press for
inclusion of all other groups into the fold.
The Hoho also took strong exception to the rampant
extortion and corruption in the state and called upon all
sections of the society to check criminal activities in their
respective area which should be led by tribal hohos
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'