NPF criticises Dimapur bandh called by Congress
Kohima: The ruling Naga People’s Front (NPF) on Wednesday criticised the bandh called by the Congress in Dimapur district and said that it disrupted the Hornbill Festival, while businesses lost a day.
The NPF said in a release that yesterday`s 12-hour shutdown by the Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee would have been a harrowing experience for tourists, who had planned to holiday in Nagaland.
The business community in the commercial hub of Dimapur also lost one whole day of business during the peak festive season, it said.
"This gesture of the Congress reflects the vision and leadership qualities of its leaders," the NPF said.
It said that such vision and attitude has landed the Congress in the present state of affairs.
Congress was handed the most embarrassing defeat in the 2013 Assembly elections when it won just eight seats in the House of 60.
"Congress leaders have forgotten that they are supposed to be representing the people and taking up issues related to the progress of the people. But they are only concerned in pleasing their masters and high command in Delhi," it alleged.
The Congress had called the bandh demanding immediate removal of Health and Family Welfare minister for Health and Family Welfare, Imkong L Imchen for being charge-sheeted by Wokha district police on November four.
Imchen was allegedly caught with arms, ammunition, liquor and Rs 1.10 crore in cash during the Assembly election in February this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch