`NPF has politically cheated people of Nagaland`
Kohima: Former Nagaland Chief Minister and Congress leader S C Jamir has said that the Naga People?s Front (NPF) led government has `politically cheated` the people and asserted that the Congress is the only party which could bring an early solution to the vexed Naga problem.
The veteran politician and five times Chief Minister of Nagaland, Jamir, who was also the Governor of Goa and Maharashtra and presently member of the Central Working Committee (CWC) AICC, campaigned for the Congress candidates in Dimapur district yesterday and lambasted the Neiphiu Rio led NPF government.
Stating that the NPF during the state Assembly elections in 2003 had assured to bring settlement to the Indo-Naga issue within 3 months after coming to power, he pointed that during their 10 years of rule despite having several rounds of talks with the Centre, the NPF could not achieve anything.
"They (NPF) have politically cheated the Naga people," he said, adding that they don`t understand the seriousness and complexity of the Naga issue.
The Centre has no confidence on the NPF led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) government as they have cheated the Naga people and themselves, he said.
"If we (Nagas) have to resolve the long standing Naga political issue we have two ways? front door and back door," he said. Congress alone can go through the front door and explain to the Government of India what really are the problems faced by the Nagas today.
"We have wasted 10 years and if Congress comes back to power, we will work towards bringing an early solution to the Naga problem, which is the biggest aspiration of the people," he said.
Maintaining that Naga people require a party which can deliver goods to the people, he said Congress is only party which can do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections