NPF hopeful of winning Outer Manipur parliamentary seat
Kohima: The Naga People`s Front (NPF) is hopeful of winning the Outer Manipur parliamentary seat and the lone Lok Sabha seat in Nagaland but it is not expecting much in the Arunachal Assembly elections, a top NPF leader said.
NPF President Shurhozelie Liezietsu said "we are hopeful of winning the Outer Manipur seat."
"So this time will be the first time for our party to send two MPs (Outer Manipur and Nagaland) to Lok Sabha," he said.
NPF is contesting for the first time in Manipur and has nominated former minister Soso Lorho in the Naga-inhabited constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket