NPF resolves to support Naga integration
Kohima: The Naga People`s Front (NPF) on Wednesday resolved to extend support to the aspiration of the Naga people for integration of all contiguous Naga inhabited areas as it is the desire of the Nagas to live together under one administrative umbrella as members of the same family.
"If physical integration is not immediately possible at present, the NPF urges upon the Government of India to extend the protection, privileges and facilities that are given to the state of Nagaland, to all Naga inhabited areas within the Indian union," the NPF said in a statement.
While expressing that the Indo-Naga political issue remains at the top of the party`s agenda, the NPF reiterated its commitment to the people that the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) government will step down anytime from office in the even of realisation of a negotiated political settlement that is honourable and acceptable to the people.
The NPF once again urged upon the Centre to expedite the ongoing political negotiations so that a final settlement is reached at the earliest.
The NPF also called upon the government to make the offer of political settlement to the Naga people without any further delay.
Adopting the above resolutions during the first NPF Central Executive Council meeting at the party headquarters in Kohima today, the NPF CEC also approved the decision of the House to commemorate the forthcoming 50th anniversary of the NPF in the latter part this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur