NPF slams Congress of trying to utilise money power
Kohima: The ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF) Thursday slammed its arch political rival Congress of trying to utilise powers of party high command in Delhi and using "all central mechanism" against the NPF candidates.
Addressing a press meet at the party`s central office in Kohima this afternoon, NPF President Sh?rhozelie Liezietsu and Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio claimed that NPF being a regional party it stands on its own.
Though NPF is not rich, it fights every election with the support of the Naga people, he said, adding, "the people are our high command."
Nonetheless, the two leaders said, the Congress has its high command in Delhi and that during this electioneering a lot of Central leaders came to Nagaland one after another.
They claimed that the Rs 1 crore cash, seized from NPF candidate Nyemli Phom, was party money to help the candidates of four districts under Eastern Nagaland.
Nyemli was carrying authorisation slip from the treasurer, Shurhozelie said, but didn`t elaborate on the seizure of Rs 1.10 crore along with weapons from Imkong L Imchen in Wokha.
Alleging that "Nagaland is flooded with Congress money", the NPF leaders said the money is creating a lot of confusion, particularly among the young people as they are `swayed` by the enormous amount of cash from Congress.
Alleging a helicopter chartered by Congress landed in various places without any information "and airdropped money everywhere," the leaders alleged that on February 16 the Congress copter landed at Ahunato in Zunheboto district without informing the district administration and police.
The NPF said, "if Delhi feels that they can build the Congress with money power, democracy is going to suffer in Nagaland".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof