NPP raises concern over poor law and order situation
Shillong: NPP leader Conrad K Sangma Monday alleged that deteriorating law and order situation Hills region was affecting the functioning of banking institutions in Garo Hills region.
"Bank branches in Songsak, Samanda, Rongsak Mangsang, Bajengdoba in East Garo Hills and Mindal in North Garo Hills have been closed for several months in view of poor law and order situation there," Conrad said at a press conference.
Urging the state government to take steps to restore and improve the law and order situation in the affected areas, Conrad said, flagship programs like the MGNREGS, IAY and other schemes were getting affected with no banking facilities.
The Leader of the Opposition also alleged human rights violation by security forces in the area.
"There is one particular case in which a pregnant woman was tortured which ultimately led to a miscarriage," Conrad said, adding that he was taking it up with the concerned authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'