NPP raises concern over poor law and order situation
Shillong: NPP leader Conrad K Sangma Monday alleged that deteriorating law and order situation Hills region was affecting the functioning of banking institutions in Garo Hills region.
"Bank branches in Songsak, Samanda, Rongsak Mangsang, Bajengdoba in East Garo Hills and Mindal in North Garo Hills have been closed for several months in view of poor law and order situation there," Conrad said at a press conference.
Urging the state government to take steps to restore and improve the law and order situation in the affected areas, Conrad said, flagship programs like the MGNREGS, IAY and other schemes were getting affected with no banking facilities.
The Leader of the Opposition also alleged human rights violation by security forces in the area.
"There is one particular case in which a pregnant woman was tortured which ultimately led to a miscarriage," Conrad said, adding that he was taking it up with the concerned authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus