NPP raises concern over poor law and order situation
Shillong: NPP leader Conrad K Sangma Monday alleged that deteriorating law and order situation Hills region was affecting the functioning of banking institutions in Garo Hills region.
"Bank branches in Songsak, Samanda, Rongsak Mangsang, Bajengdoba in East Garo Hills and Mindal in North Garo Hills have been closed for several months in view of poor law and order situation there," Conrad said at a press conference.
Urging the state government to take steps to restore and improve the law and order situation in the affected areas, Conrad said, flagship programs like the MGNREGS, IAY and other schemes were getting affected with no banking facilities.
The Leader of the Opposition also alleged human rights violation by security forces in the area.
"There is one particular case in which a pregnant woman was tortured which ultimately led to a miscarriage," Conrad said, adding that he was taking it up with the concerned authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav