NPP raises concern over poor law and order situation
Shillong: NPP leader Conrad K Sangma Monday alleged that deteriorating law and order situation Hills region was affecting the functioning of banking institutions in Garo Hills region.
"Bank branches in Songsak, Samanda, Rongsak Mangsang, Bajengdoba in East Garo Hills and Mindal in North Garo Hills have been closed for several months in view of poor law and order situation there," Conrad said at a press conference.
Urging the state government to take steps to restore and improve the law and order situation in the affected areas, Conrad said, flagship programs like the MGNREGS, IAY and other schemes were getting affected with no banking facilities.
The Leader of the Opposition also alleged human rights violation by security forces in the area.
"There is one particular case in which a pregnant woman was tortured which ultimately led to a miscarriage," Conrad said, adding that he was taking it up with the concerned authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you