NSCN factional fighting compels villagers to fle
Itanagar: Turf war between two factions of NSCN were reported from Ojakho and Chasa villages in Longding and Tirap districts of Arunachal Pradesh forcing the villagers to leave their homes.
Over hundred villagers of Ojakho, 15 km away from Chasa village in Tirap district, were caught in yesterday`s cross firing forcing them to flee to safety, official sources said.
Seventeen houses of the villages were gutted and two others destroyed, the sources said.
The police headquarters here on Wednesday claimed that paramilitary forces had intensified patrolling in Borduria and Chasa areas following reports of inter-factional clashes between NSCN (IM) and NSCN (K) there.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki yesterday directed the police and the forces to act without any delay.
It is the responsibility of the government to ensure the security and safety of the life and property of the people and the state government will do what is needed,? Tuki said.
About 60 NSCN (K) cadre camping in nearby Longmai village and about 50 NSCN (IM) cadre camping in Chatong village began the gun fighting around 4 am yesterday that continued till 11 am, the sources said.
Three AK series rifles and over 100 live rounds were found by Tirap police during search operations from the spot where another turf-war took place on Tuesday last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...